Organic Oat Groats
Buy Organic Oat Groats
Oat groats are the hulled kernels of oats and have had minimal processing. Groats are a whole grain and include the fibre-rich part of the grain and retain the endosperm. This is what your traditional porridge oats look like before they are milled and rolled to make flakes.
Oat groats can be used to make a porridge that is much heartier, more satisfying breakfast. The grains must be soaked prior to use to make them more edible and easier to digest.
Our oat groats can be milled at home to make your own oat flour by adding to a high powered food processor and blend until a flour is formed. This flour will have a much shorter shelf life than other flours due to the presence of the cereal germ.
Benefits of organic oat groats
- Good source of fibre (soluble and insoluble)
- Natural source of protein
- High in potassium
- Good source of B vitamins
- Health carbohydrates
Ways to use
- Use to make a hearty porridge for breakfast
- Add to a high speed blender to make oat flour
- Use in place of rice to accompany healthy vegetable stews or curries
How to prepare
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add 1 cup rinsed oat groats
- Return to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-high.
- Boil uncovered until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Drain off cooking water, then serve.
You can buy organic oat groats online in a range of sizes including bulk. Our bulk options are perfect for small businesses, cafes and restaurants or anyone who lives a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Buy Organic Oat Groats
There are no reviews yet.